ALL OTHER GISD DRESS CODE POLICIES WILL BE ENFORCED IN ADDITION TO THE CAMPUS STANDARDS OUTLINED BELOW.
The following guidelines apply to PANTS/SKIRTS:
· Pants must have no holes, rips, tears or frays, intentional or unintentional above four inches from center of the kneecap.
· Leggings & bike shorts are only permitted if the entire bottom/front are covered by a long shirt or dress.
· Shorts and skirts may be worn but must be no shorter than four inches above the center of the kneecap.
The following guidelines apply to SHIRTS:
· Shirts may not have spaghetti straps or show the midriff. Shirts must cover all underwear.
· Shirts may not display any images or inappropriate messages deemed vulgar or unacceptable by administration.
The following guidelines apply to SHOES:
· Shoes must not have steel toes, wheels, lights or cleats.
· House shoes/slippers/slides are not to be worn to school.
· Tennis shoes should be worn on PE days.
OTHER dress code guidelines include the following
· Hoods and hats are not to be worn indoors.
· Sleepwear is only acceptable on designated special event days.
· Hair should be neat and clean. Hairstyles must not be distracting to learning.
· Clothing, jewelry, medallions, patches, or designs on clothing should not reflect or suggest gangs, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, profanity, sex, or antisocial, unhealthy messages.
In order for a student to attend class, his/her attire must comply with the dress code policy. Parents will be contacted to provide proper attire should their child arrive at school and not be in compliance with the school’s policy. Persistent noncompliance with the policy will be addressed by campus administration. Students will be expected to dress appropriately at all school functions. Students must be in compliance with the school dress code while on field trips. The campus administrator will make the final decision on any questionable garment.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE DRESS CODE AND AGREE TO COMPLY WITH IT AS WRITTEN.
______________________________ _______________________________ ___________
STUDENT SIGNATURE PARENT SIGNATURE DATE